Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dear Heart... bend a little ..for me.

.. have you been in a situation where all you can think about at that particular time was... "Dear God.. I'm bearing this unbearable heartache because You..O Mighty.." ? what would you do the moment there seemed to be other option that is so invitingly good but then you stop yourself from making that choice because you know.. deep in your heart all that matters is not your desire to end your misery but for the love of God...?

Many a time I was in that kind of dilemma.. I was pressured to make choices that it may seemed right but the moment i detached myself from my feelings..forcing myself to think straight.. I put myself back into the hole of misery. 


My morning today began with tears... filled with heartache and pain. As hard as I tried, finally i just had to give in to my feelings.. questions upon questions kept rushing in..filling every part of my thoughts. Am I weak to succumb to this kind of heartache? Am I stupid to allow myself to be hurt over and over again not even wanting to free myself from this web of thorns engulfing my heart?  Who am I???? 

Then... 
I found a voice in me.. comforting as it is.. reminding me that God is watching.. God witnessed every heartache every tormenting moment I had with his other being... the being He had assigned me to. That very moment, I find comfort in that little voice ... "Dear God... I'm bearing this with all my patience for You.. for I know You are Most Loving Most Forgive-ful". In heartache.. every little piece of my broken heart... I was reminded for all the good things I had in my life.. even witnessed His love.. Should I be so ungrateful that I would behave selfishly.. doing things that would only defy Him..the All-Mighty??
If this little heart was meant to bear more and more heartache for now..or even forever.. then.. be it.. I know God is with me.. He has showed me the fruit of being patient. I should hang on.. I should hang on for His words are true..so ever true. 


Many may questioned or even labelled my decision to hang on as unwise.. weak.. 
by all means let them- for they don't walk in my shoes. I hang on because I hang on with God's words. The pursue of hunting happiness will be useless when we seek happiness by committing things that would defy Him, the All Mighty. 

I believe that when we are destined to be entangled with a situation .. it is for our own good. We should not let whatever happened to us change our perceptions about God or even defying His words- what more change the person we are meant to be- His good servant. No matter how heavy the burden placed over our hearts..our shoulders.. just remember they are only God's instrument to change us for better not worst.
Dear heart.. bend a little.. be good to me..o dear heart.... 



Act patience; your patience comes only from God. Do not feel saddened because of them nor be in any anguish over how they plot. God stands alongside those who fulfill their duty and who act kindly.

Surah An-Nahl (16:127-128)

1 comment:

  1. My motto in life is.....LIFE SHRINKS OR EXPANDS TO THE PROPORTION OF YOUR CONFIDENCE.....if you want to hang on then do it with confidence and trust that hanging on to the branch of misery will strengthen the roots of your belief...hang on to that branch soon fruits will appear so near that you could pluck it with your bare fingers and taste the fresh sweetness of patience........

    ReplyDelete